Set in the beautiful Lune Valley you can enjoy short, medium and full day walks from the door and within half an hour’s drive of Kirkby Lonsdale you can choose one of hundreds of walks in the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and Forest of Bowland.
Whether you like a gentle stroll or a vigorous challenge, the Sun Inn in Kirkby Lonsdale is the perfect base for a walking break and provides everything you need for a relaxing walking break.
- Information, guides and maps for walks in the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Lune Valley and Forest of Bowland
- Access to internet for any extra research and information you may need
- List of recommended pubs and places to eat in the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Lune Valley and Forest of Bowland
- A selection locals circular walks from the Sun Inn including a short stroll along the riverside to Devil’s Bridge, easy amble down the River Lune to Arkholme, enjoyable and scenic route to Whittington, a more challenging but well worth it stomp to Barbon
Available from the inn
- Complimentary flasks of coffee or tea to take with you
- Lunch boxes (pre-booked or you can order in the morning) £6.95 per person
- Muck Boot wellingtons, thick boot socks and waterproof macs available to borrow from the inn
- Binoculars and birdwatching guides for your enjoyment of the local area
- Your own copy of Paul Hannon’s Walking Country Guide of 12 delectable walks in the Lune Valley (£3.99)
On your return
- Complimentary tea & coffee on return from walk
- Bathrobes and bath salts in your room