Duck and Pinot delights: Our Posh Noshers evening was simply sublime
Posh Noshers made a welcome return to the Sun Inn last month when our restaurant was full of enthusiastic foodies and diners, who all indulged in the themed evening of Duck and Pinot.
The menu was created by head chef, Joe Robinson, and the evening was also hosted by EWGA wines, who handpicked each wine to perfectly complement each individual course.
The menu was as follows…
- Duck fat glazed sourdough, paired with a sparkling Pinot Grigio, Canaletto, Italy.
- Cured duck ham, fried oyster, oyster aioli and confit duck yolk, with a Pinot Blanc ‘Prince Abbes’, Alsace, France.
- Pressed duck leg, celeriac remoulade, pickled gooseberry and walnut loaf, followed by duck tortellini, smoked beetroot, elderberry and a duck fat curd. Served with a Torre dei Vescovi Pinot Nero, Veneto, Italy.
- Salt aged duck breast, artichoke, hen of the woods and black pudding, with a Bourgogne Pinot Noir, Belena, Burgundy, France.
- Duck and rhubarb mille-feuille, with an Altitudes Reserve Pinot Noir, Chile.
The evening also received a big thumbs up from local travel blogger Zoe Dawes, also known as The Quirky Traveller.
We are delighted that our first Posh Noshers evening of 2019 was so popular and well-received by guests.
We are also pleased to announce our next date for Posh Noshers, which will take place on Wednesday 20th March and is a theme of ‘British Cheese, Wine and Regional Delights’.
The price of £60 per person includes arrival drink and canapes, five course meal, drink pairings and informative introductions to the dishes.
The food menu will be…
- Canapés and bread to begin
- Smoked whipped goats cheese, with shisho, beetroot and puffed barley
- Ewes curd agnolotti with black garlic and salt backed carrot
- Sticky pork cheek with apple, Garstang blue, lardo and smoked hazelnut
- Lamb rump with wild garlic, whey potatoes, braised shoulder, Yorkshire pecorino and courgette
- White chocolate mousse with pickled rhubarb, Yorkshire Dales cream cheese and rhubarb sugar
- Tea & coffee to finish
Our guest for the evening will be Jonathan Pearcey from The Cheese Larder, who will talk us through each cheese in an informal and entertaining setting.
The evening will take place as follows…
- Join us at 7pm for your arrival drink and canapes
- Dinner service begins at 7.30pm
- Dinner will be a relaxing and enjoyable a five-course celebration of British cheese. Each course will be suitably paired with a wine or drink that will bring out the very best in the chef’s dishes and the chosen cheese elements of the dish.
If you would like to make a night of it and stay over at the Sun Inn, there are great savings on accommodation, with a standard room for £42.50, superior for £52.50 and deluxe £62.50 per person, including accommodation and full English breakfast.
Or if you are booking a room online, select ‘Dinner, bed & breakfast’ and the rate will include our Posh Noshers dinner and wine tasting.
To book a table for Posh Noshers or to find out more about the accommodation options available, please call Hannah, Harvey or Janine on 015242 71965. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required on booking.