It’s official – Kirkby Lonsdale is one of the best places to live in the UK!
The beautiful market town we’re proud to call home is officially one of the best places to live in the UK.
While this might not come as a surprise to those of us who are lucky enough to live here, it’s a tremendous accolade for us all to celebrate.
The announcement was officially made in The Times, which declared Kirkby Lonsdale as the regional winner for the North West.
Its winning strapline pleasantly declared the town “an unbeatable Lake District location, bags of community spirit and one of the cleanest high streets in the country.”
You’ll also recognise yours truly featured on the publicity shot below!
Here at the Sun Inn, we’re incredibly proud to live and work in Kirkby Lonsdale, and these are just a few reasons why…
- The location – we’re perfectly placed between the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and Lancashire, meaning there’s always a lovely location to go out and explore right from our doorstep. We’re also just 10 minutes from the M6, which is handy!
- Town landmarks – of course, the showstopper is Ruskin’s View, which is truly stunning in any season. But we are spoilt for other great landmarks throughout the town, including Devil’s Bridge, The Radical Steps, St Mary’s Church and Churchyard, Market Square – and not forgetting the viewpoints that welcome you as you wander down Mitchelgate and Mill Brow.
- Food and drink – for a fairly small town, we’re certainly spoilt when it comes to food and drink offerings. Whether you’re planning a romantic meal for two, a big family get-together or a catch-up with old friends, the variety of restaurants, bars and pubs mean there’s something for everyone.
- Shop local – supporting independent businesses is something that’s supported by the whole community. We’re incredibly lucky to be able to choose from a plethora of superb independents in the town, including the charter market every Thursday.
- Community spirit – as The Times article quotes, “the scenery is as stunning as the local spirit” – and it’s true! The community spirit in Kirkby Lonsdale really is something special, and we’re extremely proud to be part of it.
Come and see for yourself why Kirkby Lonsdale is officially one of the best places to live in the UK – take a look at our room tariffs here and keep an eye on our special packages page for seasonal promotions. You can also keep up-to-date with all the latest news from the Sun Inn by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.